Valentine's Day was nice. I surprised Jeff with breakfast in bed (French toast, sausage and OJ) and then we hung out and relaxed most of the day. He got me a necklace online (okay I kind of told him how much I liked it beforehand) but I really love it. We called my parents and that was nice. Then we watched some Olympics. We started in on making the dinner we planned (pork chops, asparagus and potatoes) and I told Jeff we should get some sparkling cider to go with it. He agreed and went off to the store. I quickly put my other plan in place while he was gone and lit a bunch of little votive candles on our counter and set the table with candles and readied some romantic music. I turned off the lights and started the music as he pulled in the garage and he was pretty surprised. It was fun. The dinner was delicious! We rock at cooking together. I love Jeff so much and I'm so blessed to have married such a wonderful man.
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Hearts, Love and Thor
We had an interesting Valentine's Day weekend. I spent Friday night hanging out with Andrea and worked on Saturday and we planned to have a nice dinner at home on Sunday. On Saturday morning Jeff took Thor to the vet to have his annual check up. We both thought it would be quick so I was surprised when Jeff got back 15 minutes later without Thor. Apparently it was supposed to be an appointment that would take 2-4 hours. They would call when it was over. They called just before I went to work and said that Thor had a reaction to his rabies/distemper shot. They told Jeff he was "stable" now and we should be able to come pick him up. Basically Thor had broken out in hives and had trouble breathing. They gave him a steroid shot and he improved. I was glad that Jeff had paid the extra to give him the benedryl shot before his vaccinations this time (although beforehand I thought it a nuisance since Thor had never had a reaction before). The vet said it wasn't uncommon for little dogs to have reactions and that sometimes they were not able to stop the reaction quickly enough and the dog could die. Well we headed off to the vet to pick Thor up and he was fairly miserable looking. He still had a hive next to his eye and he was whimpering when we drove him home. Only a few minutes after we got him home he seemed to be getting worse. The hive on his eye was more swollen and we could see hives all over his belly. So Jeff called the vet and they told him to bring Thor back in. I had to go to work. Anyway the poor dog had a second reaction and they ended up giving him another steroid shot and sending Jeff home with some steroid pills to give Thor for the next few days. They said it was a good thing Jeff brought him back in because his reaction was fairly bad again. Poor Thor and his bad luck. Jeff gave him some benedryl at home (as instructed) and Thor slept it off. He never needed the steroid pills and has made a full recovery. Good dog.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment