Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Last box of diapers...

No we aren't toilet training.  This has simply become my standard for time measurement.  As in "will this be the last box of diapers we have to buy in Salt Lake?"  "will our next box be purchased in Kaysville?"  I find myself basing a random time frame on things like this.  My contact solution, laundry detergent, dish detergent, garbage bags all become measurements of time and I keep hoping that one of those that I have currently on hand will actually make the trek back up north with us when we move.

I don't know when I started counting time this way.  Probably when we were going forward with IVF to have the girls.  The last box of tampons, the last home pregnancy test, the last gas fill up before we would know if it worked and then came the countdown of "would this be the last contact solution bottle before we had them?" and such.  I guess it's just an entertaining way to guess on time.  Because there isn't an exact timeline when toilet paper or detergent or contact solution runs out.  Just like there is no exact timeline on the home we are waiting to hear on.  Still I hope that some of the replenishing supplies that we have now will not be replenished before we get out of here and on our own again.

No comments: