Weight: As of their last appointment on the 22nd... Seren was a little over 27" (82%) and 15 lb 3 oz (21%). She grew the most this time. Kendall was almost 27 1/2" (87%) and 14 lb 13.5 oz (9%). So they are both long and skinny. I promise I feed them.
Eating: They eat about 6 oz every 3 to 4 hours. I'm trying to bump this up during non-solid meals. I'm still making baby food for them and this is going well.
Foods They Like: Carrots, Peas, Green Beans, Apples with cinnamon (not so much plain), Sweet Potatoes, Parsnips, Pears, Bananas, Prunes and any kind of squash
Foods They Don't: Seren is starting to like tart (peaches, apricots, etc) but Kendall still doesn't like these.
Favorite Things: They still love each other. Kendall loves the dog. She will reach both hands out and lunge for him when he's around. Thor (the dog) is super patient with both of them, licking their hands and feet even when they non-purposefully kick him or grab him. I think they might actually like nap time and bedtime now. They love baths. They are starting to love the "superman game" and smile when we hum the music.
Dislikes: Being hungry and tired. Kendall also still has constipation issues...sad...luckily she loves prunes. I still think Kendall might be starting to teeth but no teeth present yet.
Their Accomplishments: Seren is rolling both ways very well now. Kendall is up on her hands and knees and rocking. She also likes to get on the linoleum and scoot backwards on her tummy. Seren is catching up quickly in this department. They are both getting more social and are excited to see us when nap time or bedtime are over (I love that feeling). They like playing "getcha" now and being tickled. Kendall is mostly able to sit on her own but still topples and Seren is also mostly able to sit on her own except when she gets excited she throws herself backwards.
Our Accomplishments: I have settled into a set schedule for naps and meal times. I am trying to extend meal times out beyond 3 hours again though. The schedule works great for them though. Naps at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm and then bedtime starts at 7 pm. I have also been taking on the girls by myself the last two weeks as DH has been out of town for a new job training. My sister keeps me company after she gets off work and then leaves around 10:30pm.
Sleep: I have rededicated myself to a set bedtime routine, after some meltdowns. It has done wonders and they now typically go to sleep without a complaint or cry. Bedtime bottle, bath time (sometimes a wash down and others just getting wet), change into PJs and then a story and to bed. LOVE IT!!
Looking forward to: We are going to Florida next month to visit my parents and I'm so excited for them to spend time with their other grandparents. Excited to show them the ocean and other little things like that...although I'm sure they won't care really haha. Also kind of excited (and nervous) for them to start crawling and be more mobile. Looking forward to moving beyond purees a little more eventually.
No comments:
Post a Comment