Jeff and I have now been married for 3 years. We celebrated our anniversary a couple days early with a short tradition of going to Vegas and staying the weekend. We stayed with Jeff's friends Wayne and Jackie and their kids Saturday night in St. George and then on Sunday morning-afternoon we headed the rest of the way to Vegas. We stayed at the Paris hotel this time and it was fun. The room was nice and Jeff got a chocolate roll type pastry at one of the shops downstairs and said it was very authentic. He enjoyed his half so much that I felt it was only right to give him the rest of mine (I couldn't say I loved it anyway). We also went to a comedy magic show and this was quite funny and enjoyable although we both worried it might not be as it wasn't a "big name show". We walked on the strip a little in between the show and dinner. We saw the lions at the MGM enjoying a belly rub from the trainer (so funny and cool) and also stopped at the M&M and Coke stores for fun. I got pretty uncomfortable from all of the walking so we went back to the hotel and relaxed a little before dinner at the Rio. After dinner we caught a couple of the Bellagio fountain/music shows before heading back to the hotel. We enjoyed our time but we definitely both agreed that we have had enough of Vegas for a while and will be doing something more local for our anniversary next year.
In other news I am now 29 weeks pregnant (give or take a couple days) and the girls have been doing great. We have another appointment tomorrow to check in on them but they are constantly kicking, rolling, punching and prodding me so I'm assuming all is still okay. I've gotten more uncomfortable in the last few weeks but still consider this to have been an easy pregnancy so far. We are very excited to meet them and bring them home and the time just keeps flying by so I guess it won't be long now (kind of intimidating with all we have left to do).
Also in other very exciting news...Jeff got the job with Goldman Sachs. He is half-way through his second week with them and seems to really be enjoying the work although the early mornings (leaving at 5:30 am) and long days (they basically expect 10 hour shifts) are taking some adjusting. I'm grateful and excited for him. He is such a hard worker and very talented and smart at what he does.
No comments:
Post a Comment