Monday, October 13, 2008

Shoot out in St. George



Jeff and I have some mad skills for shooting :) We went to St George this weekend to visit with Wayne and Jaclyn and their kids. Eric and Brooke (Wayne's brother and his wife) also ended up being down for the weekend. It was a really good time to hang out with them and be together.
Our favorite part was when George (Wayne's friend) took us out shooting. He brought an assortment of hand guns and me and the boys (Wayne, Eric, Jeff and George) went out for some target practice :) We shot soda cans, shaving cream cans and tomatoes...so fun. I really felt good about myself when we set up a wood block with cans and tomatoes a little closer and I was able to shoot every target with the semi-automatic. Yep Dad...I've still got it ;) It doesn't hurt that shooting was a past time of the Boyette clan although I hadn't been in about 10+ years. Jeff was a good shot too and had victory over a shaving cream can and other soda. Eric tried to take aim at a squirrel but I am happy to report the squirrel survived. Anyway it was really a good time. Jeff and I have now added 9 mm semi-automatic handgun to our list of toys for somewhere down the road :)

2 comments:

The Boyette's said...

Well a 9mm would do you okay but if you want the knock down and not too much more of a kick, go with a .40cal Might I also suggest a Springfield XD40 in a 4" service model, this will run you about $450-500 but is a great gun for the money, and not to mention the two safety features, one in the grip and one in the trigger. This would help to prevent smaller hands from firing the gun, not that an unloaded gun isn't the safest anyway. Well good to hear all is well, and hope you receive the answer you are looking for on monday!!!!

Michelle D said...

It sounds like we will have to take you shopping for a gun in the distant future when we actually have money for one. Sorry I didn't see the comments on here.