The girls are both on the move now with crawling. Kendall started off the pack with army crawling just before and during our visit to Florida followed very quickly by real crawling. Seren had a couple weeks of watching Kendall crawl in circles around her and got very frustrated by this. She would rock on her knees and lay down again and flail her arms and cry...obviously trying to move but unsure on how to. We tried teaching her which seemed to just frustrate her more. And then to add insult to injury Kendall would attempt crawling over her sister to get to toys or the dog.
But for the past couple of days Seren has been earning her stripes in the crawling department. She skipped right over army crawling (army crawling is for sissies) and went to full on crawling. She is gaining in confidence and speed. Today as I sat playing with Kendall and finishing up the seam on a ball I've been working on for them Seren wiggled her way over near the front door. Silly me had left a plastic cup of ice water on the ground and didn't give it a second thought as she was only half out of sight. The next time I looked at her she was soaked from the waist down and I thought she had wet herself...until I realized she had tipped the cup over and soaked herself from head to toe. I laughed and she grinned at me as I picked her up to change her. Definitely two little mischievous ones we have here.
I think we are all enjoying the movement though. They both seem happier and not so frustrated which rocks for me. I've also been making it a goal to be fully screen-free when they are awake and that has helped me feel better about my time with them but also what I can get done around the house too.
No comments:
Post a Comment