Monday, February 16, 2009

New leaves...

I am going to be turning over some new leaves here soon. I finally have had enough of DCFS and the stressful child-snatching days. After Jeff and I discussed it for the last month or more (or at least it feels like that) I talked to my supervisor on Wednesday and told him I was throwing in the towel. He offered to switch me to ongoing but I told him I didn't think that was a good long term fix for me or DCFS. I am just tired of working all day only to come home and work at night (just to try to keep up...while still getting behind). I have been nauseous when I go to work and crying when I'm there and when I get home...definitely not a way to live. So my last day is March 19th unless something comes along in the meantime. I really can't believe I'm quitting still. I feel relieved just to know it's there but stressed not knowing exactly what I'll be doing. I hope that something works out and I try to trust that it will. I'm planning to work and go back to school at night so here's hoping...wish me luck.

1 comment:

Jeff and Pam Fam said...

i don't blame you. that sounds like it would be a very stressful, difficult job. how is the job search going?